How to rent a storage space with Budkeep
1. Find a storage space
Register as a user on our website and search for a storage that suits your needs, size, access and location-wise. Create your own impression of the storage space by reading about the listing, its access, whats suitable to store in it and look at the images.
- Go to www.budkeep.com and search in the header
- Type a city or specific location and click the search-icon
- Look through the listings found and navigate using the map to a location that suits you
- Click a listing and read the specific details about the space
2. Send a booking request
Choose the dates you wish to rent the space for. Click "Send Request". In the next step you'll see an overview of your request, where you have the option to add a message to your new Host, and add your payment details. When you have added this information, click "Confirm payment". A conversation is now initiated with the Host regarding the time period chosen. You are not charged any money in this step.
- You now have the possibility to chat with your Host, if you have any questions, this is the time to ask them.
- Your Host now has the option to either Accept or Deny your request. You can communicate freely meanwhile.
- If your Host accepts your request you are charged money for the entire period.
3. Move in!
Voila! You have now agreed upon a rental. Congratulations to a good choice! Now it's just up to you to decide a time to meet up. Remember that the access to the space may vary depending on what terms the Host has in the rental agreement.
- When you meet your Host, make sure its identity is the same as stated in the listing, by showing an ID-card.
- We recommend you to take pictures of the items you will store.
- If keys to the storage space are included in the rental, remember to get access to such.
- When you have met up and access your space, go to the message-conversation with your Host and confirm this.
How to become a Host
2. Become a member and post a listing
The first step to becoming a Budkeeper is to register as a member on our website. It's fast and simple, and you can do it right here. As a member you can list your storage space for free. In the listing you add images and post a description about the details about the space. Be as accurate as possible for your Renters sake.
As a Host you decide when you want to rent out and set specific rules and regulations for your space. If you have any questions about posting a listing do not hesitate to contact us.
- When you are signed in, click "+Post a new listing". You are now taken to a form where you can add information about your space.
- Set a suitable listing title. E.g. "Basement Storage in central Stockholm" or "Roomy barn for winter storing of boats".
- Set a price. Price is set per day. If your listing is rented out, Budkeep charges a service fee of 15% of the transaction and pay out the rest to you.
|1 sqm (e.g. a wardrobe)||10kr/day (300kr/month)||8kr/day (240kr/month)|
|2 sqm||16kr/day (480kr/month)||15kr/day (450kr/month)|
|3 sqm (e.g. a normal basement storage)||20kr/day (600kr/month)||18kr/day (540kr/month)|
|5 sqm||30kr/day (900kr/month)||35kr/day (1050kr/month)|
|10 sqm||60kr/day (1800kr/month)||55kr/day (1650kr/month)|
|15 sqm||85kr/day (2550kr/month)||80kr/day (2400kr/month)|
|20 sqm (e.g. a room)||110kr/day (3300kr/month)||105kr/day (3150kr/month)|
|30 sqm||150kr/day (4500kr/month)||145kr/day (4350kr/month)|
|Type of storage||Indoors||Outdoors|
|Winter storage of boat||36kr/day (1100kr/month)||30kr/day (900kr/month)|
|Car storage||27kr/day (800kr/month)||23kr/day (690kr/month)|
|Motorbike/MC spot||13kr/day (400kr/month)||10kr/day (300kr/month)|
|Caravan/RV||33kr/day (1000kr/month)||28kr/day (840kr/month)|
|CCTV/Alarm||Access 24/7||Non-smoking/No pets/furs||Private/own entrance|
- Add a description of the space. Is it heated? Alarm? Do you have CCTV? How often may the Renter access the space? Whats the ceiling height like?
- Type the size of the storage, in square meters.
- Choose access to the space. Does the Renter get its own key and can access the space around the clock? (Full access) or is access given with a notice when you are around? (Limited access).
- Use the tick-box to guide the Renter what your space is suitable for. For a small basement storage this could be Moving Boxes, Clothes and Bicycle. For a room in an apartment it could be Moving Boxes, Clothes, Furniture and Larger Stuff. For a parking spot its Car or Motorbike.
- Add a location, you don't have to bee too specific (unless you want to!), for e.g. a space near Medborgarplatsen "Södermalm" is enough. Its all up to you! (But please keep it relevant for your Renters sake!)
- Add images that represent the actual storage. Better images result in better Renters!
- Save your listing. Voilá! Your listing is now published and ready!
2. Receive requests
Renters send booking requests and contact you through our platform. You will be notified by email when you receive a request. As a Host you decide who gets to rent your space. Through our messenger you can solve any questions that pop into your mind.
If everything seems fine with a potential Renter you can Accept the request.
- Together you decide a time for the Renter to move in.
3. Make Money
When it's time for your Renter to move in, remember to bring the keys (if such are included) and other things that may be needed to access and use the space according to your agreement. Welcome your Renter. Please take a picture of the space with the Renters items in it, documentation can be useful in the event of a dispute.
- When the Renter gains access to the space and you have confirmed this through our platform you start making money!
- We schedule a payout a few days after the Renter has moved in and made sure that everything has gone according to plan :-)
Extra: Tips & Tricks
We recommend you to speak with your insurance company about the space you are planning to rent out. When listing a space connected to- or inside your property (e.g. a basement storage or a room inside your apartment) its important that you have home insurance, as this covers any damages on your space.
Budkeep is built on trust. By taking care of your Renter your chances increase to receive a good review, which increases the likelyhood of renting out spaces in the future, at a higher price.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us. We strive to answer your inquiries as soon as possible! You can get in touch with us fast through the live that in the bottom right corner or by email, email@example.com, if you would rather speak with us on the phone, contact us by chat or email and leave your phone number and we'll call you up.